Prefolds are an economical and environmentally friendly nappy solution, and a great choice for newborns. They are also incredibly versatile, and can be used as a nappy, as an insert, or as a booster.
What is it made from?
The Muslinz prefolds are made from 100% unbleached cotton. They feature 4 absorbent layers on the outer two panels, and 6 in the central panel.
What else will I need?How do I use it?
You get 6 prefold nappies in this pack, and you will need to team these with a waterproof nappy cover. We recommend using a fleece liner to create a stay-dry layer next to the bum, and for added overnight protection, include a booster such as the Little Lamb Triple Layer Booster or the Baba + Boo Hemp Nappy Booster
Prefolds are typically used folded into a pad, however with smaller babies you can use these in a variety of folds, much like terries. Check out our picture and video guides here
Flats, Prefolds & Terries
Ease of use
Needs a cover
Size 1: Newborn (11 x 14 inches)
Size 2 - Infant (12 x 17 inches)
Wash a couple of times before use - 40c.
07 August 2021
I bought this to use on my newborn but she was a big too big to put folded with the fasteners so I've been using as pads inside the nappies wraps and works perfectly! I wish I had found this as soon as she was born because it would have been perfect for when she was tiny. Perfect absorbency (sometimes the last layer is not even wet)
The only down side is that takes some time to dry which is understandable as it has several layers!
Better for younger babies
02 July 2021
I have used these on both my newborn and my toddler. For my newborn I love how slim they are and how amazing the containment is in various folds and the absorbency is good (although I usually add in a booster to get more than 2 hours out of it), but for my toddler however I felt that bambino mio prefolds had better absorbency as he would out-wee these incredibly quickly. More generally, I love the speed that these dry at! With how versatile they are, how cost effective they are and how quickly they dry though I think they are brilliant for bulking out your stash.
30 April 2021
Never really fitted my little boy with a nappy nippa but i use them now as inserts for pocket nappies if the originals are not dry yet. Also as a trifold with a fleece liner and covers (seedling and bambino mio).
Quite stiff but absorvent enough
Read all 4 customer reviews...
How much is home delivery?
- Standard UK delivery via Royal Mail Tracked 48 - FREE for orders over £40 (£2.95 for orders under £40)
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 - £3.95
- Next Working Day delivery via DPD (UK mainland only) - £8.95 orders must be placed before 2pm
- Large orders via DPD - the delivery charge will be calculated in the basket based on order weight
When will I get my order?
- Orders placed before 3pm are dispatched the same day Monday - Friday. During peak periods this may be slower. For priorty processing selected Royal Mail 24
- Orders placed after 3pm will be dispatched the following day
- Orders placed after 3pm on a Friday will be dispatched the following Monday.
- Orders for Next Working Day delivery via DPD must be placed before 2pm.
View our full Delivery information >
We hope you're happy with your order from The Nappy Gurus, but if for any reason you decide your purchase isn't right for you, you can return unwanted items up to a whopping 100 days after delivery. View our full Returns Policy >