These Alva Reusable are an affordable, comfortable and absorbent alternative to disposable period pads! Each pad has a waterproof backing and a snap closure for ease of use and reliability when you need it the most.
Why should I switch to reusable period protection?
Did you know that each of us will use up to 16,000 disposable pads, pantyliners and tampons in our lifetime? Reusable Period production is an extremely cost-effective swap with a one-off cost for products that will last for years, compared to the £45-£88 a year most women spend on disposable period products every single year. Using non-disposable period products significantly lowers the risk of TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome), and they also contain no pH altering chemicals. Another huge benefit of using reusable period protection is reducing the amount single use products and therefor the impact they have on the environment, an estimated 8 billion pads and tampons end up in the UK sewage system each year!
What are they made from?
Alva Reusable Period Pads are made from bamboo charcoal and microfibre, providing a more comfortable and breathable alternative to disposable sanitary towels, that is also hypoallergenic and naturally anti-bacterial. These small period pads feature a waterproof outer layer made from PUL, and have wings for added leak protection
Size 21cm in length and 8.5cm wide.
We recommend washing these pads before use.
Wash at 40 degrees on lower with non-bio washing powder and do not use fabric softener. Line drying is recommended however these pads can be tumble dried on a low heat.
How much is home delivery?
- Standard Tracked - FREE for orders over £30 (£2.95 for orders under £30)
- Express Tracked - £4.95
- Next Working Day delivery via DPD (UK mainland only) - £5.95 orders must be placed before 2pm
Standard Tracked and Express Tracked are delivered using Royal Mail
When will I get my order?
- Orders placed before 3pm are dispatched the same day Monday - Friday. During peak periods this may be slower. For priority processing select Express Delivery
- Orders placed after 3pm will be dispatched the following day
- Orders placed after 3pm on a Friday will be dispatched the following Monday.
- Orders for Next Working Day delivery via DPD must be placed before 2pm.
View our full Delivery information >
We hope you're happy with your order from The Nappy Gurus, but if for any reason you decide your purchase isn't right for you, you can return unwanted items up to a whopping 100 days after delivery. View our full Returns Policy >