Alva Baby nappies are a hugely popular and easy to use nappy, so much so they have become an extremely well loved brand for economical reusable nappies.
They are a pocket nappy with adjustable rise snaps and an additional hip snap to prevent wing droop, they also feature crossover snaps to get a perfect fit even on tiny babies.
What is it made from?
The outer layer of the nappy is a waterproof and breathable TPU (thermoplastic polyutherane). The inner of the nappy is a polyester suede cloth (100% man-made, not derived from animals) which helps to draw moisture away from your baby's bottom.
What else will I need?
You might need to add an extra booster in when you need more absorbency, but for the price that is not the end of the world. You can also insert more than one insert when extra absorbency is needed. We recommend Bamboo Boosters.
How do I use it?
These are pocket nappies so simply stuff the included insert, along with any required boosters, inside the pocket and it's ready to go!
For more information on fitting cloth nappies and how to care for them, see our Nappy Advice Tab.
Ease of use
Fits from 8 -35lbs/3.5-16kg approx
To wash the Alva nappies, remove and rinse off the residuals (knock solids into toilet). Disposable liners may be used. Store in a dry pail, we recommend a hanging pail, and wash every 1-2 days.
Run a cold rinse, and machine wash (no hotter than 30ºC), do not use fabric softeners or bleach then hang dry or tumble dry on a low heat
Line drying in the sun will help to remove any staining
'Bobbling' of the inner material is not unusual and will not affect the usage or longevity of the nappy.
How much is home delivery?
- Standard UK delivery via Royal Mail Tracked 48 - FREE for orders over £40 (£2.95 for orders under £40)
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 - £3.95
- Next Working Day delivery via DPD (UK mainland only) - £8.95 orders must be placed before 2pm
- Large orders via DPD - the delivery charge will be calculated in the basket based on order weight
When will I get my order?
- Orders placed before 3pm are dispatched the same day Monday - Friday. During peak periods this may be slower. For priorty processing selected Royal Mail 24
- Orders placed after 3pm will be dispatched the following day
- Orders placed after 3pm on a Friday will be dispatched the following Monday.
- Orders for Next Working Day delivery via DPD must be placed before 2pm.
View our full Delivery information >
We hope you're happy with your order from The Nappy Gurus, but if for any reason you decide your purchase isn't right for you, you can return unwanted items up to a whopping 100 days after delivery. View our full Returns Policy >