Here at The Nappy Gurus, as you know, we are all about cloth nappies.
But we also understand that there are times when life might call for a disposable option, and we aren't here to shame anyone for their choices, or requirements.
When it comes to "eco disposables" there is some confusion and mixed messages thrown around in the marketplace. When it comes to nappy disposal, ultimately all single-use nappies end up in the same place- an incinerator or landfill. An eco-disposable can not break down in a landfill site any more than a regular disposable nappy can, as the environment simply does not allow for biodegrading, of anything, to take place.
So when selecting an eco-disposable nappy option, we do so because of the processes that go into producing the nappy, rather than those at the end of its life.
So what about Kit & Kin?
We have selected Kit & Kin nappies as our disposable nappy option for the following reasons:
- the absorbent core is made with chlorine-free fluff pulp
- they use sustainable materials
- internal and outer layers are made with naturally derived, plant based materials
- approved by dermatologists and free from most common allergens
- Kit & Kin are members of PETA and are proud to stand against animal testing
- every pack sold helps to fund the purchase of rainforest through the World Land Trust
So, when life calls for a disposable option, Kit & Kin is a pretty good choice!